Hello friends! I'm excited to announce a project I've been working on for months! A new website has been launched this week called "Not Your Average Homeschool Mom", a teacher's lounge for the homeschool parent. If you are a homeschooler, or have homeschool friends you can share it with (please do!), then head over to the link and check it out.
I'll still be posting here regularly as well, so don't think this means I won't be popping in your inbox! (by the way, do I have your email address?...)
Not Your Average Homeschool Mom
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Sunday, November 01, 2015
I know what you're thinking - there is no such thing. But you're wrong! I have been on a quest for the last few years for ways that I can help contribute to the family finances while staying home with the kids. Obviously with homeschooling it would be very hard for me to leave the home for an actual "job", so I've been trying to cut through the junk on the Internet to find actual ways to make a few extra dollars here and there.
I know this is a departure from my usual topics, but I decided a long time ago that if I found something legitimate that would help out other moms in my situation then I would share it. A SAHM money evangelist. Ha.
I found Swagbucks for the first time on Amy Lynn Andrews' blog. She has written several very helpful posts about it, so make sure you check them out as well! I was a little skeptical at first because I'm not a fan of having to do a ton of surveys and such just to make a few cents. I signed up, downloaded the toolbar and started piling up the swag bucks right away. It's truly very easy to do!
If you are on the Internet on a daily basis, if you use a search engine to do anything, if you don't mind taking an extra two minutes every day to do a few very short exercises, then you can use Swagbucks to make some extra cash.
Here are a few easy ways I've found to stack up the Swagbucks:
- Do the daily poll and the NOSO offers. EVERY DAY.
- Use the Swagbucks search bar every day until you are awarded the extra bucks. (I use it to go to places I'm already headed, like Facebook, my email, or Pinterest)
- If you're going to buy anything online, ANYTHING, always check Swagbucks first. You will be amazed at how many stores and sites offers certain amount of Swagbucks per dollar when you shop through their website. Use regular monthly purchases to get Swagbucks and you do it effortlessly. i.e. - booking a flight/hotel, ordering something from Walmart.com, etc. If you shop online a lot you could RACK UP.
- Download the toolbar. Swagbucks puts out special "Swagcodes" every day that you can use to get extra bucks.
- Download the Swagbucks TV app on your iPhone and stream videos. I set it up once a day and just walk away (or go to sleep at night) and let it play.
- Check your Swagbucks mailbox every day for special offers. The easiest are Apps to download to your phone and open only once to be awarded the Swagbucks.
My favorite way to use my Swagbucks earnings is the 500 Points = 5.00 Amazon gift card. I stack these up fairly easy and use them for everything from books to diapers or coffee.
This is especially helpful when Christmas is coming and I plan to shop on Amazon!
So, if you're looking for some easy Christmas money - head over to Swagbucks (CLICK HERE). It truly is worth it!
Note: This post contains my referral link.
Labels: Home Goddess