The beginning of a new month always makes me feel ambitious. It's like New Year's Day 12 times a year. This month can be different, better, more life-giving than last! This is the month my Mother was born, the month of Spring and planting flowers, the month I don't have to go anywhere until the very end (because I'm a hermit and that makes me happy), the month I get to end with a visit with some of the most awesome ladies on the planet, the month I will lose 20 pounds (um, it's possible, right?) and figure out my daughter's night terrors, and solve world hunger. It's gonna be awesome.
I declare to the world:
- Today begins a renewed effort to LOSE THIS WEIGHT. I'm sure I will post more about this later, but I have a renewed "want to", and I will NOT be ashamed of shorts this Spring.
- I will do a FULL day of school today. Including Science AND History, I know - I'm a wild woman.
- My children will spend more time outside than inside. I'm unsure how this will work with the full day of school, but that's just details...
- All those clean clothes in baskets, you are GOING DOWN.
- Homemade meals. Yes.
- I will not raise my voice today. This is an experiment to see if it is possible. Can I get through an entire day without raising my voice to my children? Who wants to place bets?
- I will drink 8 glasses of water. Between that and the six cups of coffee, I may have no time to do any of the above things because I will be spending the day in the bathroom.
- I will clean my house, all of it from top to bottom so that I can go to bed tonight and start the day tomorrow with a contented sigh.
- I will listen to "The Hunger Games" while cleaning and this will motivate me to get on The Machine in order to be tough enough to stay alive. Side note: There is one of those white stick-in-the-ground advertisement signs at the traffic light down from my house that says "SURVIVAL SCHOOL. So that you can stay alive.", every time I pass it I wonder if they know something I don't and should I start stockpiling....
- And I will do all of this with a smile on my face and a song in my mouth and birds chirping in the background. Well, at least the birds will be chirping. My daughters birds never stop chirping. BTW, anyone want some birds?
Does the 1st of the month inspire anything in you? I would love to know! if you'll look to the right of this post in the sidebar you'll see a little sign that says "I don't hate comments"........